ZapCom Group is looking for seasoned Scrum master (10 positions) in USA. The person should have run data lake projects in the past specifically in AWS cloud with emphasis of Redshift Glue and Athena. Ideal candidate will have 7 -8 years’ experience as scrum master.
Here is the job description : ZapCom is seeking an experienced Scrum Master III to lead and drive the value delivery for two or more product development scrum teams. This role is aligned to the Financial Crimes and Risk Program Delivery management team. Responsibilities include alignment with business stakeholders, partnering with cross-functional partners, and owning technical execution to achieve successful value delivery. The daily application of agile and lean principles, championing scrum practices, coaching & training team members on Agile methodology, and advocating continuous improvement to build high performing teams are key aspects of this position.
- Provide leadership building multiple high-performing Agile teams, coaching team members in the execution of the practices and responsibilities of their individual roles and as a team together
- Champion the adoption and improvement of Scrum practices on direct and indirect teams
- Lead increment & sprint planning sessions, daily scrum, backlog refinement, and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Building a trusting, safe environment where problems are raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged. Emphasis on problem solving abilities.
- Responsible for the health and planning of the sprint backlog and prioritizations of epics, features and stories as part of the cadence for regular delivery of value to the organization.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners to prepare and clarify the product backlog
- Document and lead remediation efforts and removal of impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Consistently demonstrate a bias for action with technical aptitude to deliver customer value
- Collaborates with Agile coaches to maintain accountability and compliance with the SVB defined Agile delivery methodology
- Leverage Jira and Confluence to elicit and define business and technical epics, features and stories
- Provide high level product readouts for senior leadership
- Build great partnerships and relationships with globally distributed cross-functional partners (e.g. Business, Product, Technology, Design, Architecture, Legal, Compliance, et al.)
- Assure adherence to banking audit and regulatory practices in the completion of delivered assets to bank and customer users, ensuring full compliance with corporate standards
- Build, maintain and report on team financials and budgets (CapEx/OpEx)
- Customer Focus
- Collaborative: Ability to partner with cross-functional partners to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
- Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate (written/verbal) well with all levels of the organization
- Innovative problem solving with strong data analysis skills
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Autonomy/Empowerment: Must be able to guide team(s) to self-organization
- Open/Transparent: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and technology and build trust amongst partners
- Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion at the team level and suggest alternatives or different approaches
- Continual improvement: Must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and team members
- Facilitative: Must be able to lead by example and demonstrate value-add principles to product development scrum team(s)
- Assertive: Experience with working teams in adhering to Agile/Scrum/Lean concepts and principles
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Possesses excellent inter-personal skills with amazing written/verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor all roles on a development scrum team
- Prior experience AWS data lake solutions is a huge +