Under the supervision of a Technical Team Lead and/or the QA Manager, the Developer II, QA works with senior developers, QA developers, and business analysts in a highly collaborative, faced paced, Agile delivery team. The Developer II, QA develops a broad knowledge and understanding of supported product systems and leverages his or her skills in the appropriate technologies to develop automated testing solutions for all phases of the software development lifecycle. The Developer II, QA Automation will be responsible for developing long term automated test solutions for validation of various data sources to Enterprise Datawarehouse, analytics and BI Reports.
Establish a thorough understanding the Elevate business including the functionality of its products, data warehouse technologies, backend processes, databases, and reporting.
Design testing strategy and validate aggregate loan data from that data, are passed through to the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Plan, design, and build the overall automated test strategy for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data across multiple product platforms.
Build and Maintain Automated test cases to validate data quality.
Develop automated testing standards and best practices to validate Datamarts, ETL process and BI reports.
Develop a comprehensive functional and performance test strategy for batch job scheduling and execution.
Collect and report automated testing results and metrics to all appropriate stakeholders.
Continuously refine automated testing standards, best practices, coding styles, and other development guidelines.
Research tools and solutions to streamline or eliminate manual processes wherever possible.
Utilize Test management tools for organization of Test Suites and Test Results Reporting, defect-tracking, and test execution.
Provide general oversight for all QA Activities for all initiatives across the Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Warehouse domain
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Engineering, or related discipline.
· At least 6+ years’ consecutive experience in analyzing and testing BI Reporting, Data warehouse and ETL projects.
· Demonstrated hands on experience in RDBMS tools such as SQL Server, Teradata , Hive and working knowledge on Snowflake is a plus.
· Experience in testing data transformation mapping, workflows and monitoring jobs using ETL tools Streamsets, Informatica and SSIS.
· Experience in validating BI Reports using tools such as PowerBI and Microstrategy.
· At least 4+ years of experience in writing complex SQL statements and Stored Procedures
· At least 4+ years of experience in validating data import from JSON files, XML Files and flat files.
· Experience in banking domain projects like Installment Loan and Line of Credit financial products
· Experience in data profiling and analysis.
· Extensive experience with the Agile development process.
· Experience working as part of a QA Organization building test strategies, and test plans for BI Reporting, Data Warehouse and ETL projects
· Experience using TFS for Defect Management, Test Case and Test plan documentation, and Test execution tracking and reporting.
· Experience with TDM and Continuous Integration techniques is required
· Aptitude for researching and troubleshooting root cause system issues
· Ability to take ownership of decisions, actions, problems, and solutions
· Proven ability to design, execute, and analyze test results in a centralized Test Management tool.
· Complete knowledge of Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager (or equivalent tools) is a plus.
· Complete knowledge of defect triage process within projects of various complexity and size.
· Desired: Knowledge of financial systems
· Demonstrated ownership of decisions, actions, challenges, and solutions
· Out of the box thinker. Able to overcome complex problems and challenges utilizing technology and other innovative methods.
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum
· Skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner and analyzes the current issue to envision creative solutions
· Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people
· Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities
· Steps outside of “comfort zone” to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; deals well with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment
· Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems
· Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments
· Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques
· Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs