Job Title: Engineering Manager
ZapCom is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, at the forefront of technology, and offer an excellent opportunity for leadership, creativity and personal success. If you’re as passionate about working for Startup with focus on latest technology to solve the business problems, this is the place for you. A high degree of responsibility and accountability for decisions made are key aspects to this role.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager in Bangalore who is extremely passionate and will lead a skilled SCRUM team of developers, quality engineers and work closely with product team. Your hands-on technical competency, people management, project planning and execution skills are critical to strengthen and guide the team through professional growth and project success.
- Demonstrate leadership on daily basis. Work under minimal / no supervision and making technology decisions quickly.
- Be a combination of a highly technical hands-on software engineer and as well as effective people manager.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members with soft skills.
- Need to assembly SWAT teams to address emergency client needs and motivate them with proper project execution strategy.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Passionate about technology and driven to produce high-quality products.
- Build a competent, enthusiastic team that can march under your leadership to deliver quality products.
- Establish a constant learning platform for team members in communication and leadership area.
- Dynamically adjust to ever-changing business needs and make the team to adopt to necessary changes needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing and growing software engineering teams as a people manager - experience as a hiring manager a big plus.
- Proven story in delivering products/services in a high-growth environment (including start-ups), exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems.
- Experience in handling at least 2 to 3 projects simultaneously for different clients.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities in delegating work and yet being responsible for product.
- Very good written, communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of relational, No-SQL, graph databases and SQL.
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems.
- Knowledge of Cloud Managed hosting services like AWS or Rack Space.
- Should have working knowledge of Application security & performance.
- Experience with Micro services, SOA, Spring, Spring Boot & Docker.
- Proficiency with the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages and familiarity with emerging open-source technologies.
- Prior experience working for product companies (preferably worked in the US or Europe)