- Work with the scrum team to identify testing needs and opportunities.
- Work with the QA team in developing a QA testing strategy for the project, determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (UI, web service API, functional/performance/load, and so on).
- Create manual test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Develop automated test frameworks and test cases for the different types of tests employed
- Execute and report on the full testing suite of both manual and automated tests.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be proactive in keeping your skills fresh.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Automation Engineer
Relevant Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must be customer focused, goal oriented, and have a passion for success
- 3+ years of manual testing (it can’t all be automated!).
- Experience developing automated QA framework is preferred, but a burning desire to get into automation, coupled with programming experience and a strong work ethic, will suffice.
- Experience in Selenium, Cucumber or similar tools
- Experience in Postman, Jmeter, or other web service API testing tools
- Experience in iOS and/or Android UI testing is a plus
- Able to create clear, concise, detail-oriented test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Experience testing for validation (“we built the right thing”) and verification (“we built it right”).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Experience with Agile software development (particularly Scrum) and JIRA.
- Knowledge of best practices for agile testing on a Scrum team.
- High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities of various sizes and complexities. A track record of making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires you to use your initiative, imagination, and common sense to be
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and work successfully with teams across the organization. Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience using a test case management system
- Experience using source control systems such as Github
- Experience working with .Net based platforms is a plus.