Under the supervision of a Technical Team Lead and/or the QA Manager, the Senior QA Automation Developer works with both Developers, other QA Automation Developers, and business analysts in a highly collaborative, faced paced, Agile delivery team. The Senior QA Automation Developer develops a broad knowledge and understanding of supported product systems and leverages his or her skills in the appropriate technologies to develop automated testing solutions for all phases of the software development lifecycle. The Senior QA Automation Developer will be responsible for developing long term automated test solutions for websites, mobile technology, backend processes and databases.
- As a member of an Agile Scrum team, Design, create, and execute automated test cases at the UI level and Web Service / API level utilizing the prescribed automation framework.
- Collect and report automated testing results and metrics to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintain, organize, and refactor Automated regression test cases.
- Continuously refine automated testing standards, best practices, coding styles, and other development guidelines.
- Help improve and Extend Automated testing strategies and capabilities, and research tools and solutions to streamline or eliminate manual processes wherever possible.
- Utilize Test management tools for organization of Test Suites and Test Results Reporting, defect tracking, and test execution.
- Assist with enabling and maintaining the Automated Verification of Code Deployment
- Provide technical development support and leadership to junior QA Automation Developers.
- Participate in Unit Test design and code reviews.
- Participate actively in daily standup meetings
- Establish a thorough understanding of the client’s business including the functionality of its websites, mobile technology, backend processes, and databases.
- Contribute substantially to the team goals as set by the Manager/Director.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by a manager.
Education and Experience
- At least 5+ years’ Experience building automated tests with Selenium C# / in an .NET environment
- Extensive experience with the Agile development process and implementing test automation in an Agile framework.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining automated testing frameworks that are flexible and result in highly maintainable automated tests.
- Experience with TDD and Continuous Integration techniques
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with C#, ASP.net, .NET 2.0+, MS SQL Server, HTML/DHTML, CSS, XML, XLS, etc.
- Experience building automated tests with nUnit or cucumber etc
- Experience building and executing automated tests for web services.
- Experience building tests on web enabled mobile devices.
- Solid background in object-oriented design and analysis (OOD/OOA), unit testing, stored procedures, and DB performance
- Experience implementing and using Service Virtualization tools
- Proven ability to design, execute, and analyze test results in a centralized Test Management or Application Lifecycle management Tool.
- Complete knowledge of Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager (or equivalent tools) is a plus.
- Desired: Knowledge of financial systems
- Desired: Experience with Sauce Labs and Perfecto Mobile, or similar technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ownership of decisions, actions, challenges, and solutions
- Out of the box thinker. Able to overcome complex problems and challenges utilizing technology and other innovative methods.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum
- Skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner and analyzes the current issue to envision creative solutions
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities
- Steps outside of “comfort zone” to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; deals well with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments
- Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques
- Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional