The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Will manage deployment, tracking and stability processes related to software platform
- Work directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to design, implement, and test system processes
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management processes
- Test implemented designs
- Implement product usage tracking tooling and develop meaning statistical reports from gathered data
- Build and test automation tools for product provisioning
- Manage product build and deployment process, working with the Release Engineer to ensure deployments are completed successfully
- Work with the Release Engineer to automate and control code deployments
- Monitor system performance metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide recommendation and implement changes to ensure systems and operate at peak effective levels
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery and system performance
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Implement and manage CI and CD tools with team
- Improve infrastructure development and application development processes
- Play a role in managing Azure environment, and prepare for migration of internal data centers to Azure in the future
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
The Devops Engineer must have the following skills:
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Proven proficiency with IIS, network technologies, virtual server environments, and load balancing
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Two or more years managing and working on projects in an Azure environment, with specific focus on server and service provisioning
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
The Devops Engineer must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in related field plus 5 year relevant experience.
- Five years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Knowledge of cloud-based software technology landscapes and DevOps ecosystems.
- Agile software development experience that enables shorter development iterations, fast feedback loops, and the quick deployment of problem-free code.
- Experience working across cross-functional teams
- Familiar with container and Hyperscale technologies such as Azure.
- Knowledge of core products and business drivers for each.